FIGHTING FOR AFFORDABLE FLOOD INSURANCE
- Lobbied Members of Congress to delay and reform the 2012 Biggert-Waters Act
- Built coalitions of business owners, community leaders and elected officials to petition congress to prevent outrageous flood insurance hikes
- Worked across party lines to make significant strides in developing meaningful reform legislation and viable solutions to protect homeowners
- Continuing to travel Louisiana meeting with local officials regarding the effects of Biggert-Waters’ rate increases on their communities and the need for Congressional action
RESTORING TRUST IN GOVERNMENT
- Implemented whistleblower hotline so that all reports of wrongdoing will be investigated and pursued.
- Advocated for and was instrumental in putting on the October 22, 2011 ballot a charter amendment proposal creating an Office of Inspector General which would be funded without any new taxes.
- Created and appointed Jefferson Parish’s first compliance and ethics officer.
- Issued an executive directive to strengthen control, use and accountability of parish-issued credit and debit cards. Parish government now posts all monthly credit card charges on its website.
FOR OUR RESIDENTS
- Made it possible for Jefferson Parish residents to check-out laptop computers for in-house library use for no fees or rental charges.
- Moved the Veterans Affairs Office to a newly-remodeled office in the Yenni Building so that our veterans now have drive-up handicap access, front-door reserved parking, a smoke free environment and modern elevators.
- Opened a new full-service voter registration office in the Rivertown area.
- Created a new parish real-time emergency alert system that allows officials to immediately contact citizens during a major crisis or emergency.
- Hurricane Prep Rally to provide Jefferson Parish citizens with essential information on how to prepare homes, families and businesses for hurricane season.